GracePointe Teen Bible Quizzing
What is Teen Bible Quizzing?
It is a unique ministry that combines a study of the Bible, competition,
fellowship and disciple-making into one program that is attractive to teenagers. (watch a typical quiz match)
Teen quizzing aims to become:
1. An avenue of meaningful Bible Study for youth to attain a deep and intimate knowledge of Scripture
2. A means of increasing fellowship and interaction among youth around the world
3. An integral part of the outreach and discipleship aspects of local church youth ministry
4. A medium for the training and mentoring of youth leadership
5. A catalyst for encouraging active participation in ministry and mission projects
6. A bridge for building relationships between youth from different backgrounds
7. An arena for exciting Christian competition.
The Quiz Cycle:
2019-2020 Hebrews, 1 & 2 Peter
2021-2022 Romans, James
2023-2024 Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon
2025-2026 1 & 2 Corinthians
The quiz season begins with a preseason event every September and ends with the District Quiz Finals in March. Even though meets occur one Saturday of each month, the host church changes each time to provide a variety and a balance of travel time for all involved. The study material of Epistles and Gospels repeats every 8 years (see table above).
Competing as teams consisting of up to 5 quizzers, the quizzers follow a round-robin schedule that concludes in the early afternoon. If we have more than 5 quizzers participating from GracePointe, we will form multiple teams. Awards are given for the top individual achievements and final team standings.
To learn more about the District Teen Bible Quiz program, visit the District website at www.msnyi.com or send the Coach an email.
Get study tips and inspiration from the Teen Bible Quiz blog.
“An exciting and fun way to learn God's Word!”
There are very few other areas in which young people are able to socialize with so many other godly youth on a regular basis. While the ministry helps them mature in intellect, attitude, emotions, and spiritually, it is also extremely competitive and exciting!
The 3 Biggest Myths About Youth Bible Quizzing
1. "I'm not good at memorizing", "You need to memorize a lot for Quizzing": There are only 3 Memory Verse questions per game. While some quizzers choose to learn the Memory Verses, most do not. Also, questions in competition don't need to be answered word-perfect.
2. "I'm not smart enough to Quiz": It’s a game, not a test! You don't need to know the answer to every question! (The most questions anyone can answer in a game is 4, anyway!) Regardless, the point is to learn God's Word and have fun while being a part of a team.
3. "I don't have time for Quizzing": Really? All you need is 15 minutes a day to read a chapter and review practice questions. You could always trade 15 minutes of social media for God's Word. Or read while traveling to school.
LOUISIANA DISTRICT JULY 2019
GracePointe TBQ Promotion Videos
Quizzers discuss how Teen Bible Quizzing has affected their relationship with God and, consequently, their life.
Learn more about the structure and purpose of Teen Bible Quizzing.
About GracePointe's TBQ Program
The GracePointe Teen Bible Quiz program is led by David Phillips (as seen in the video immediately above). David is the former Mississippi and Louisiana Nazarene Teen Bible Quiz Director and has authored several Teen Bible Quizzing apps and study guides.
David has been involved in Teen Bible Quizzing as either a coach or District Director since 1995 when he and his wife lived in Kentucky.
David is married to a wonderful wife and they have a son and daughter who love the Lord and enjoy Teen Bible Quizzing.
Teens are expected to study at home (study guide provided, if necessary) so times together can be spent either practicing competition situations or playing non-TBQ games using the quiz material. Teens practice during the latter half of Sunday School and during the Wednesday service before a quiz meet. Additional practices may be scheduled depending on availability of participants.