THREE REQUIREMENTS IN CROSSING THE JORDAN:
- MOVE OUT OF YOUR POSITION AND FOLLOW THE ARK.
Hebrews 12:2 (NIV) "2 Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
- CONSECRATE YOUR LIFE TO GOD.
There are two ideas that are always involved in consecration:
- Preparation: involves establishing your foot on solid ground.
- Dedication: involves faithfulness and loyalty to our God.
The prayer of David ought to be our daily prayer:
Psalms 51:10-11 (NIV) "10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me."
- TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Psalms 84:5 (NIV) "Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
THE RESULT: WHEN WE CROSS OVER THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER:
- GOD WILL DO AMAZING THINGS AMONG US.
- GOD WILL GIVE US VICTORY OVER OUR ENEMIES
Our eyes must be fixed on Christ.
Our hearts must be clean and dedicated to God.
And our feet must be willing to take that step of faith and move forward.