Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and gain the power to do it.
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.
For the spirit is willing but the body is weak” (Mark 14:38)
RELAPSE - “falling back into a self-defeating pattern”
Complacency --> Confusion -->
Catastrophe --> Collapse
WHAT CAUSES A RELAPSE?
- Reverting to willpower (Galatians 3:3)
- Ignoring one of the steps
- Trying to recover without support (Hebrews 10:25)
- We become prideful (Prov. 16:18; 1 Cor. 10:12)
HOW DO I PREVENT A RELAPSE?
- Evaluation (2 Cor. 13:5; Lam 3:40, LB)
4. Spiritually (Galatians 6:4)
- Meditation (Isaiah 30:15; Joshua 1:8)
- Prayer (Isaiah 26:3)