- We are God’s creatures, made to serve, honor, and worship him.
- Sin and wrongdoing had now found a home in God’s good world.
God is working to make sure his plans for the world will surely happen.
He is determined to bring life and restoration
back to his people and his creation.
- God will pick some of the most unlikely people to advance his cause of bringing heaven and earth together again.
God is working in and through the story to bring life and restoration.
But it doesn’t always happen quickly,
God’s people must live with hope and patience.
- God wants to bless the entire world through the descendants of Jacob, the nation of Israel.
The Spirit is intimately involved in Creation.
He breathed into his nostrils the Spirit of life and the man became a living being.
- The Spirit Brings Life!
John 1:1-4, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men.”
- Without God’s Spirit there is no life!
Acts 17:24-28, “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all life and breath and everything else. …. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’
The Holy Spirit is Active in Creation and has Implications…
- The Spirit breaks down the divide between sacred and secular!
- The Spirit brings a Redemptive Life!
The incredible thing is that the Spirit allows us and enables us to Journey with him in the Recreation of Heaven on Earth and the Recreation of People!