WHAT DO THE MEMORIAL STONES REPRESENT?
- TO REMIND ISRAEL THAT THEY BELONG TO GOD. (4:2, 7)
4:7 “tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever.”
Therefore, consider yourselves dead to sin and alive in Christ.
- TO REMIND ISRAEL THAT THEY NOW HAVE A NEW IDENTITY. (11-13)
The accounts of the Lord's Supper are found in all the four Gospels:
Matthew 26, Mark 14, Luke 22 and in John 13.
1 Cor. 11:27-29. "Therefore, whoever east the bread of drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and the blood of the Lord. A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. For anyone who
Therefore, the goal is to make sure that the memorial is always a source of thanksgiving, of generating fresh faith and utter dependency upon Christ's work of salvation
- TO REMIND ISRAEL THAT THEY HAVE A MISSION IN THE EARTH. (4:23-24)
We must never forget our heritage. But we have a problem:
Most of us have a hard time connecting to the Bible.
- The number of Bible readers have fallen by one fifth in a single generations time.
- 4 out of 5 of us don’t get the help we need understanding the Scripture.
- What’s Keeping us from engaging in the word?
- There’s a better way to read: Read Big, Read Real, Read Together.
- But it’s also a fresh approach to the Bible.
- Read the entire New Testament in 8 weeks starting October 9th.
- Share the Journey together.
How it works…
- Read or listen to 12ish pages per day (Monday – Friday)
- Join a small group to share what you have learned
GracePointe we must never forget what great things He has done…
We must never forget the meaning of those Biblical monuments.
We must never forget the meaning of the water baptism,
the meaning of the Lord's Supper,
and the meaning & benefit of Reading His Word!