Three Strategies you can use to be a person who lives for God’s approval.
Society honors outward appearance, but God honors humility.
- Make Scripture, not others, your standard for life.
- Avoid living a “showcase” religion.
Why it’s Dangerous to Live just for the Approval of Others:
* Seeking approval from people brings only that – if that.
* Seeking approval from people can get in the way of real faith in Christ.
John 5:44, “How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?”
* Seeking approval from people can keep you from obeying Christ.
Galatians 1:10, “Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.”
- Work on developing a servant’s heart.
Mark 10:45, “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
James 4:10, “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”
Jesus points out the Pharisees love to burden people with heavy loads.
But listen to how Jesus describes Himself in Matthew 11: 28!
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."