Jesus says, “for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God” (Rev. 3:2)
What we learn from the Seven Churches: Revelation 2:1 – 3:22
- DOMESTICED GOD.
- Our deeds can only be complete when we are obedient and surrendered to the person of Jesus.
- DRIFTED FROM JESUS AND HIS TEACHING.
- And the further you drift from god and His Word, the more treacherous are the consequences.
- REMAINED DEFILED BY THE WORLD.
- Not all of any culture is bad; but some is an offense to God and a hindrance to the one’s faith.
Let me Remind you about how Jesus interacts with His church … I John 2:1-6
- Jesus comes as one who STANDS with us.
- Jesus comes as one who is STRONGER than the threats.
- Jesus comes as one who is SUPERIOR to our sin.
- Jesus comes as one who is more SECURE that life itself.
That is another core understanding of Wesleyan-Holiness theology …
it is based on grace, not law; it serves from love not “should and ought”.
It believes that the Spirit of Jesus that indwells the church has the ability to correct our course and empower us to live loving lives that please Him!
The Key to Overcoming is:
To Return to Jesus:
just as he called these first seven churches in Revelation to do!