The REBELLION of the Son (Luke 15:11-13)
The REACTION of the Father (Luke 15:12-16)
There is HOPE!
The REGRET of the Son (Luke 15:17-19)
When is my kid going to wake up?
When will they come to their senses?
Notice the 3-fold change of attitude the son goes through.
- Re-evaluation "I am starving to death" (vs 17)
- Regret "I will go back to my father" (vs 18)
- Repentance "Father, I have sinned" (vs 18)
Compare the son's change of attitude, before verses after!
In vs 12, his attitude is, "Give me"
In vs 19, his attitude is, "Make me"
The RETURN of the Son (Luke 15:20-24)
As parents, we need to do three things.
1. Love them faithfully. (You never give up your hope!)
2. Accept them unconditionally.
3. Forgive them completely.
The two things the Father did. (Luke 15:22-23)
- He brought out the best robe - a sign of sonship.
- He put a ring on his finger - a sign of credit!
Ask yourself today…
"Does forgiveness need to flow in my home?"
Should it begin with me?
Where/Who Do I need to begin to Repair Relationships?