“By Accepting Who I Am”
Ephesians 5:1, 22-25
HOW DO WE SAY…I LOVE YOU?
“The reason relationships fail is because we are speaking different Love Languages.”
Dr. Gary chapman
- is the most basic of human needs.
- Our love tank is full when we have spoken consistently in our Love Language.
A LOOK AT THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES!
- Words of Affirmation:
Proverbs 12:25, “An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word, cheers him up.”
Straight forward Words, Encouraging Words, Kind Words, Humble Words
Conversations - where you ask sincere questions.
Activities - togetherness is celebrated with priority on each other.
Don’t wait for special occasions.
Don’t forget the gift of self.
- Acts of Service:
Doing things you know you would like your spouse/kids to do.
Requires selfless giving of time!
- Physical Touch:
Love touches are both…
Explicit – more time
Implicit – more thought & little time
When you begin to speak your spouse/kids love language, then they will respond & begin to speak yours!
Family Night Activity:
What is the one thing that makes us feel loved the most?
1. Write down your primary love language, and then write down the other four in order of priority. (Ask family/friends to guess each other’s #1)
2. Do the same for your spouse, kids, parents, and friends.
3. Discuss with your family or friends your Love Language as well s others. What could we do to help each other live out their Love language?