What happens after graduation or an accomplishment…
Depression and discouragement, wanting to give up, is
one of mankind's deadliest diseases.
It is universal, recurring, contagious, but it is curable!
Jesus Has a Plan for us…
Four Causes of Depression & Discouragement
1. Fatigue - we just get tired. (4:10a) "the strength of the laborers is giving out."
- When does discouragement usually come? When you're half done!
2. Frustration - (4:10b) "and there is so much rubble"
- What is the rubble in your life? The rubble creates frustration.
3. Failure - (4:10c) "we cannot rebuild the wall"
- What happens to you if you don't reach your goal on time? How do
This is one of the most important questions you will have to face in
your life, because sometimes you will fail.
4. Fear - (4:11) "Also our enemies said, "Before they know it, or see us, we will be right
there among them and will kill them and put an end to the work."
- What fear is causing you to be depressed & discouraged?
Biblical Cures for Depression & Discouragement
- Rest your body. (Psalm 127:2, TLB) (1 Kings 19:4-6)
- Re-organize your life. (Nehemiah 4:13)
- Remember the Lord. (Nehemiah 4:14)
Remember these 3 things:
God's goodness in the past. (Psalm 126:3)
God's closeness in the present. (Matthew 28:20)
God's power for the future. (Philippians 4:13)
- Resist the discouragement. (Nehemiah 4:14)
The difference between success and failure is
that successful people just never, never, never, never, never give up!
Let Jesus help you maintain your momentum!