I Peter 2: 1-10
. The living stone bears three meanings for one who knows the OT well.
“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.”
Exodus 19:6, God told Moses “Indeed, the whole earth is mine, but you shall be for me a priestly kingdom and a holy nation.”
They are the church, Christ’s body.
They are priests of the sacrificial, resurrected lamb.
Their duty is to mediate God’s presence in the world.
Hosea 2:23. God has called the church into existence,
so those who are dispersed and facing persecution
can know that God has called them and claimed them as their own.
We all Need Mothers: For every great person, there was a mother!
Genesis 4:1-5… Eve
- After Seth was born, people acknowledged the Lord. The ancestry of Jesus Christ can be traced back to the line of Seth, who was mothered by Eve!
- God tells us in 1 Peter 3:6, wives and mothers are to imitate Sarah!
- Mothers can influence her children even after death!
- A praying mother can impact a nation!
- Mary the mother started the miraculous ministry of Jesus Christ!
- The faith and boldness of a mother will lead her children to do the same for the glory of God!
- The best way you can love your children is to be strong in your faith in Jesus Christ!
Romans 16:13,” Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too.”
- For every great person, there was a mother, which may not necessarily be the biological one!
It is now your turn!
Your children and adopted children are influenced by you!
If Jesus Christ is the truth, the right way to influence children is for mothers to be faithful Christians!