The stories of David in the books of Samuel as well as his songs in the book of Psalms reveal a man whose inner being was being Held, and Guided by God.
Throughout his life…
- David maintained this heart of a servant.
- David also portrayed a brave heart.
- David had a devoted heart.
So How does God Hold us and Guide Us
Look at Psalm 73:24…” You guide me with your counsel…”
- Sometimes our attitude is wrong… (v.1-15)
Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
- Sometimes our attitude is wrong…and needs correction by God…(v.16-24)
(v.23,24) “Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.”
- Sometimes our attitude is wrong…and needs correction by God…who realigns our thinking and strengthens our heart. (v.25-28)
If we truly seek God’s counsel, he will give us the therapy we need to conquer our bad attitudes, to correct our misconceptions, and to renew our behavior.
(v.28) “I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of