“God demonstrates his love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
This is the Essence of the Gospel:
God sends his son into the world to save sinners by being willing to die.
There is a call to match this love that demonstrates in Christ on the cross:
which the Spirit pours into our hearts – “sanctification” because love is not what we solely receive,
but is an action to which we are called.
This love is given away in the forms of peace, grace, and hope.
Romans 1: 21-23, we declared war on God by neither glorifying nor thanking God and instead exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man, birds, and animals.
- So, in Christ - the one whom we learn in this text died for us before we were righteous enough to deserve such sacrifice - offers us peace.
- Peace is not the only gift we receive, for we stand in grace. Grace is unmerited favor.
- We are a people of hope.
God Wants to Fill Me!
- We are not to hold on to them for dear life. We are to receive, but receive to give away.
- We must receive the grace of the moment with the aim of giving it away, sometimes to wholly undeserved people.
Let me explain it this way… Mark 5:1-20
verse 20 - This man wanted to stay with Jesus - he wanted to stay and learn, stay and grow - but Jesus said “Go and tell”
How God Wants to Use Me!
- First, it takes an encounter with God.
- Second, it takes your willingness to be available - it takes an openness on your part for God to use you.
Philippians 2:17-18 - Paul says, I pour my life out, and even if it leads to my death I will rejoice because my life is poured out for God.
So how do we reverse the trend: Follow Christ and Go Where he is leading us…
Worship God, Grow in Christ, Love Others, Serve with Compassion!