Introduction to Nicodemus: John 3:1-17
If Jesus is Lord, then what does life look like in the Potter’s Hands?
KEY FEATURES: Jeremiah 18:1-4
Potter = God the Father
Wheel = The revolving circumstances in life
Clay = you and me as Christians
In Gen. 2: God formed man out of the “terra cotta” of the ground
The Attributes of the God (Potter)
- Eyes of the Potter = Represent the omniscience of God
Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a future and a hope.”
- Hands of the Potter = Represent the omnipotence of God
- Feet of the Potter = Represent the omnipresence of God
The Activity of God (Potter)
Psalm 40:1-3 says, “I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay; And he set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. And he put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord.”
- God sees so much potential out of you! He sees you not for what you are but for what you can become!
- On the wheel…I am NEVER out of contact with the Master’s hands.
Psalms 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God!”
2 Corinthians 4:7, " But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us."
- We should never get content with where we are in the Christian life.
- When we feel the hands of God come upon our life, we must also be submissive to those hands and allow the Potter to mold us and shape us as He sees fit.
Psalm 32:4, “For day and night, your hand was heavy upon me.”
- God uses circumstances to mold us.
Ps. 31:15, “My times are in your hand.”
I Samuel 16:7, “For God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
Job 10:9 Remember, I pray, that You have made me like clay. And will You turn me into dust again?
Life Lesson – God Shapes with a Purpose in Mind
- I must endure the PROCESS in order to become the PRODUCT!
God is shaping us here at GPNAZ! Each One Reach One…Each One Disciple One!