Merriam-Webster - definition of Engage. (verb)
1: to offer (something, such as one’s life or word) as backing a cause or aim: to expose to risk for the attainment or support of some end
(He engaged his all in the king’s cause)
2. to entangle or entrap, to attract and hold by force (spiders web)
3. to bind (someone or one’s self to others)
Engage as an adjective – committed to or supportive of a cause.
- Engaging and Following Jesus produces a counter-cultural or holy way of life.
Turn to I Thessalonians 5:16-19
Let’s read this commitment together!
This is my Bible. It is God's Holy Word. It is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Its Word will I hide in my heart, that I might not sin against God. Today I will not just listen to the Word, but I will commit to doing what it says!
With Jesus help, Amen!
Jesus tells us to Engage in Him by:
- Being joyful always. (16)
- Praying continually. (17)
- In everything giving thanks. (18)
- not quenching the spirit. (19)
So, let’s Engage in Jesus Together:
For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you to Engage!