James 1:5-8, 19-25
God’s Principles for Decision Making:
Ask God for Wisdom! (James 1:5) You can ask God for anything (Matthew 7:7, James 4:2)
- Three basic alternatives we have to indecision: WE…
- God’s Attitude: He gives wisdom without making us feel dumb!
Believe there is a Solution! (James 1:6)Positive Expectations in God create solutions!
The difference between Faith & Presumption:
Faith Says, “I believe God will give me the wisdom to make this decision!”
Presumption says, “I believe God will make the decision for me!”
God will NOT make decisions for you!
His plan is for us to make decisions based on the principles He has taught us in his Word!
Don’t Second Guess Yourself! (James 1:6)
- Indecision produces double-mindedness and instability!
Focus on the Facts, Not Just Your Feelings. (James 1:19)
- Never make a major decision when you’re tired, sick or emotionally upset.
- Think before you speak.
Base your life on the Bible! (James 1:22-25)
- God’s Will is NEVER contrary to God’s Word.
God’s answer to real success is life is found in Joshua 1:8
“Do not let this book depart from your mouth. Meditate on it day and night, so that you may be prosperous and successful!”