“What are You…A Believer or A Disciple?” - Luke 14:25-35
Let's look at the difference between Jesus as your Savior and Jesus as your Lord.
The Crowds Who Followed Jesus…
- They only followed Jesus for what they could get. (John 6:27)
- Jesus invested most of His time on earth, not in the crowds, but in the Twelve.
"You believe in God? Even the devil believes, and he trembles." (James 2:19)
- Jesus still looks for today, what He has always looked for--not just believers, but disciples.
The Four Bible Conditions For Discipleship With Jesus…
- The disciple must leave all.
"In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:33)
"For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it." (Mark 8:35)
- The disciple must deny self.
"Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." (Matthew 16:24)
- The disciple must continue to grow.
"If you continue in My word, then you are really My disciples." (John 8:31)
"We know that we have come to know Him if we obey His commands. The man who says, `I know Him,' but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in Him." (1 John 2:3-4)
- The disciple will bear fruit.
"This is to My Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be My disciples." (John 15:8)
Satan's greatest work--to make us valueless to God!
The Four Marks Of A Fully-Devoted Follower (Disciple)
- Someone who walks with God!
- Someone who lives the Word!
- Someone who contributes to the Work!
- Someone who impacts their World!
"Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 7:21)
A church with a Vision to Worship, Grow, Love & Serve… TOGETHER!