“Living a Life Filled with the Spirit” - 1 Corinthians 2:14-3:3
IT BEGINS WITH FAITH!
“Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, but also for us.
It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, who was delivered up because of our offenses,and was raised because of our justification.” Romans 4:23-25
The normal Christian life is not an up and down, "elevator" spiritual life, but a life that is lived filled with the Holy Spirit. This is the way God wants us all to live!
The Bible's Three Kinds of People
- The Natural Man (1 Cor 2:14)
- The Spirit-Filled Christian (1 Cor 2:15)
- The Carnal Christian (1 Cor 3:1-3)
What Living Filled with the Holy Spirit Means!
- The difference of carnal verses spiritual living.
"I don't understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate, I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that God's law is good... I know that nothing good lives in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out... For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not
want to do--this I keep on doing." (Rom 7:15-19)
"When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; But I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? (Rom 7:21-24)
- It's not a matter of getting more of God, but of God getting all of you!
"If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus purifies us from all sin!" (1 John 1:7)
How to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit
- Confess your need. (Psalm 139:23-24)
- Ask God to cleanse your heart of "Self" in control. (1 Thess. 5:23)
- Claim His promise to fill you, by faith. (1 Thess. 5:24, Acts 26:18)