“The Church as the Temple of God!”
“…In Him, you are being built together to become a dwelling place in which God lives by His Holy Spirit.” Ephesians 2:22
In the NT, the Church is never viewed as a building.
It is always a group of people gathered together to Worship God,
and to build each other up as a body of Christ.
The NT uses a variety of images to describe the church:
The people of God, the body of Christ, the bride of Christ, the believers, the saints,
the elect, & the field of God…
The NT speaks of the church:
as the Temple of God.
as a Dwelling Place for God. (Ephesians 2:22)
- If the Church is Gods home then…
- God must be the host rather than the visitor.
- God must be comfortable in His church.
- The Church is built with people. (Ephesians 3:20)
- On the foundation of the apostles and prophets.
- Jesus Christ is the chief cornerstone of the church.
- It must be built in alignment with Jesus to remain stable and straight. It consists of living stones.
- Being living stones set together in the church is challenging.
- The Church is a holy Temple (I Corinthians 3:17)
- It must be Holy because it is the Temple of a Holy God.
- A Church that is not Holy is false advertising for God.
- Becoming a Holy church allows the Sprit to form more and more of Christ In us, Among us, and Through us.
We Resonate with the song of resurrection when:
The Church is a people where God is at home and
where people know that He is really among us.
That happens only when we become a Holy People as well!