I Corinthians 12:12-26
Top of FormBottom of Form
This letter written by Paul was designed to address all these issues. Paul is making a plea for the church at Corinth and for us today to learn to use our uniqueness to work in harmony for God’s Kingdom not against each other.
Pot Luck Example
(This is how people with different gifts could respond)
• Gift of prophecy “That’s what happens when you’re not careful.”
• Gift of service “Oh, let me help you clean it up.”
• Gift of teaching “The reason that it fell was because it was too heavy on one side.”
• Gift of exhortation “Next time, maybe you should let someone else carry it.”
• Gift of giving “Here, you can have my dessert.”
• Gift of mercy “Don’t feel too bad. It could have happened to anyone.”
• Gift of administration “Jim, would you get the mop? Sue, please help pick this up. Mary, could you get him another dessert?”
God Does Want All of Us to Serve!
I Peter 2:9, “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light”
Eph 4:12, “for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;”
God Gives you Permission to Serve and You were Saved to Serve!
We Get to Work Together as the Body to Do God’s Work!