“Maturing Beyond Non-Commitment”
WHY SHOULD I COMMIT MY LIFE TO GOD?
- Because God shaped me for a purpose.
- Because God knows what’s best for me.
- Because I’m grateful for my salvation.
- God promises to reward my commitment.
WHAT KEEPS US FROM TAKING THIS STEP?
- Short-Term Values.
2. Past Failures.Moses – Exodus 2:11-15
David – 2 Samuel 11:14-27
Paul – Acts 7:57 - 8:3
“Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me…” Phil. 3:13-14
3. Being Self – Absorbed. Mark 8:35
I Gain by Losing…by Letting Go!
God’s Word for today:
Don’t just commit to making money.
Commit to making a difference.
Don’t just try to save your life.
Jesus taught, “Give your life to God”
Don’t just live for yourself and your family.
Give your life away!