I HAVE A FRIEND WHO… “Questions the Bible?”
What does the Power of the Resurrection, “Breaking Free”
look like in Relationships?
· We should know what we believe about the Bible!
1. It is from God. 2 Timothy 3:16
2. It is written by human beings. 2 Timothy 4:13
3. It is a true and trustworthy guide for life. Psalm 119:105
For Further Study:
Beginners: “Seven Reasons Why You Can Trust the Bible” (Lutzer)
Intermediate: “Inspiration and Incarnation” (Enns)
Advanced: “Jesus and the Eyewitnesses” (Bauckham)
· WE have to learn to be a Friend!
What being a Friend DOES NOT mean:
1. Being judgmental – I Corinthians 5
2. Being Dismissive - I Corinthians 13
WHAT BEING A FRIEND DOES MEAN!
1. Affirm the person. I Corinthians 8:9
2. Be honest with them. I Corinthians 2: 6-10
“I do not know is OK to say!”
3. Remember what is important. I Corinthians 9:19-23
- Three things to remember when talking to someone who questions the Bible.
2. The center of the Bible is Christ. I Corinthians 15:2
3. Be interested in loving, not winning. I Corinthians 13:1
Invite your friends to the center of your faith!
I Corinthians 15:58