Asaph’s Experience about God (v. 1)
- The goodness of the Lord to His people is a certainty.
- My experiences are not what I thought!
- In our struggle, we need to keep our mouths shut and wait on God. (v. 17)
- The sanctuary was the place specified for meeting with God.
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” Jesus said, “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell” Matt 10:28.
- Now Asaph begins to give thanks for God’s mercy in his life. (23-27)
So, Asaph concludes with this statement.
He identifies three things to do:
“Foundational Guidance” to understanding how to make decisions. V28
- “it is good for me to draw near to God”
- “I have put my trust in the Lord GOD”
- “That I may declare all Your works”