The signs of the times announce justice and redemption.
- The signs of the times are often discussed with fear.
- The day of the Lord is also referenced with the language of mercy and blessing toward the people of God.
- Justice is only scary for those who have acted in unjust ways, and the themes of these Old Testament texts seem to be about justice.
Redemption is about hope, not fear.
- Jesus’s words are about redemption, not condemnation.
- Advent and the coming of Christ are about the hope of redemption of the past and for our future.
It’s easy to miss the Messiah in our midst.
- We cannot miss the signs of the nowness of God’s presence for the sake of the signs of the future.
We move forward in hope for all to be made new,
even as things are already being made new!