“Giving and Receiving the Gift of Joy”
When our faith is weak, but our fear is strong, God steps in without us evening asking for it. God tells us “I am with you!” Hope and Joy are coming.
For me to Give this Joy I must Receive it! Luke 1:39-56
I can choose to live in fear or I can live in joy!
Luke 1:46-55 And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me—holy is his name.
His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.
He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful to Abraham and his descendants forever, just as he promised our ancestors.”
- Mary rejoices because God is her mighty warrior (vv. 51-53).
- Mary rejoices because God is her covenant partner (v. 54-55).
Will this act of God inspire joy in you, too?
He sends Jesus and brings us Joy to Receive and to Give!
Advent Reflection Questions:
- Mary rejoiced with singing. Why or why don't you believe joy is prevalent in your life?
- Mary’s life was radically different because of the gift of God. How is your life different because of God’s work in your life?
- Have you made personal commitment to accept God as your mighty warrior and as your covenant partner?