Pastor Jeralyn Wilhite
Children are a _____________ from God.
_______ of people come to know Jesus between the ages of 6 and 14. We cannot downplay the importance of ministry to, for, and with children in building the Kingdom of God!
How should the Church relate to her kids?
· 1 John 4:7-8
· 1 Corinthians 13
*Love is ____________ and _________.
· Proverbs 22:6
*_____________ a child is loving a child!
*Be loving in correction.
________________ to them.
· Children today are often expected to handle the things in their lives like____________. They’re not developmentally wired that way!
· Instead of always talking to them, we need to be willing to ______________.
*Ask them questions about their lives.
*Don’t downplay their concerns.
*Be willing to admit it if you don’t know something.
· Relationships are not formed on one-way streets. Simply talking at children will get you nowhere.
· Galatians 3:12-17
· Children are looking up to the grown-ups in their lives – including you!
· Be gentle and patient with them.
· 1 Timothy 4:12
· Ministry ___________ children
* Young adults who have stayed in the church say one reason is that their parents
were active in ministry with them. They didn’t just send them on mission trips or
church work days, but they were there with them.
· Children can do a lot more than you think they can!
· Give them areas in which they can serve in age-appropriate tasks.
* Children can’t usually write sermons, but they can lead worship, read Scripture, and tell people the basic message of Jesus.
* Kids can reach their friends better than any of us can!
We need our children. We must be willing to walk alongside them, loving them, listening to them, leading them, and letting them serve. They are not the church of ______________; they are the church _____________.