BREAKING FREE – “How Do I Break the Worry Habit’
Scripture: "If Christ has not been raised from death then we have nothing to preach and you have nothing to believe. If Christ has not been raised then your faith is a delusion and you are still lost in your sins." (1 Corinthians 15:14, 17, GN)
“The truth is that Christ has been raised from the dead” (15:20)
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8)
What Jesus teaches about Worry?
- It is unreasonable. (25)
- It is unnatural. (26 & 28)
- It is unhelpful. (27)
- It is not necessary. (30)
- It is not Christian. (31)
BECAUSE JESUS IS ALIVE TODAY: Realize that…
- HIS PURPOSE IS UNCHANGEABLEJesus said, "I have come that you might have life, and have it to the full." [Vitally connected!] (John 10:10)
"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world but to save the world through Him." (John 3:17)
- HIS POWER IS AVAILABLE"I pray that you will begin to understand how incredibly great His POWER is to help those who believe Him... the same mighty POWER that raised Christ from the dead."
"I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me."(Philippians 4:13)
- HIS PROMISES ARE STILL RELIABLE"He carries out and fulfills all of God's promises, no matter how many of them there are." (2 Cor 1:20, LB)
"We have been born again into a life full of hope through Christ’s rising again from the dead." (1 Peter 1:3, Ph)
FOUR OF HIS PROMISES
"And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Phil 4:19)
"I tell you the truth: Whoever hears my words and believes in Him who sent me has eternal life. He will not be judged, but has already passed from death to life." (John 5:24)
"If you confess with your mouth `Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship [become vitally connected] with him." (Revelation 3:20)
BECAUSE JESUS IS ALIVE TODAY: My Response…
Put God first in every area of my life!
Live one day at a time!
Trust God to take care of those things that are NOT in your control!
PLAN FOR TOMORROW…BUT LIVE FOR TODAY!