Introduction – 1 Kings 18:1-46
The religion of Baalism rose in Israel under the wicked leadership of Queen Jezebel and King Ahab. The worship of Baal involved "sacred sex" and the promoting of materialistic power.
- Elijah warned King Ahab there would be no rain until he, as God's prophet, said so. (1 Kings 17:1)
- This famous spiritual showdown came after three long years. (1 Kings 18:1)
- Elijah travels to Samaria to meet Ahab. (1 Kings 18:16-18)
- Ahab and Elijah decide to meet on Mt. Carmel (18:19-20)
- When the people came to Mt. Carmel they were at a point of indecision. (1 Kings 18:21)
- The rules of this contest of sacrifice are decided on. (1 Kings 18:23-24)
- The all-day chanting of Baal's prophets met with failure. (1 Kings 18:29)
- Elijah repaired the altar of the Lord and prepared the sacrifice. (1 Kings 18:30-35)
- A simple prayer and the power of Elijah's God.
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of this world. They have divine power to pull down strongholds." (2 Corinthians 10:4)
How do we replace fear with Faith?
God's plan is that we all learn how to use the armor of God through faith and prayer
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood…” (Ephesians 6:12)