v. 2 …”then make my joy complete…”
THE NEED FOR THE INGREDIENT OF HUMILITY
- Jesus is the One who is seeking to sanctify and cleanse His church
In our own strength, we cannot!
Empowered by the Holy Spirit we can!
Paul uses the word koinonia (fellowship / partakers).
- Jesus said He would send the Holy Spirit (another comforter / helper) after He returned (ascended) to His Father to:
Lead us! Guide Us! Empower Us! Correct Us!
- Because we have fellowship with God, because we have peace with God, we also have fellowship with the Holy Spirit and with one another!
HOW DO WE DO THIS (MAKE THIS A REALITY)?
…by being of the same mind …like-mindedness
…one-minded …maintaining the same love
Eph. 4:4-6 NASB “There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.”
- Selfishness needs be eliminated completely from our heart.
- With humility of mind, regard one another as more important than yourselves;
As Christians, who have been born again,
the Holy Spirit is seeking to reset our hearts to God’s original settings!
Joy = Jesus – Others – You!
You – Others – Jesus (That would be YOJ)
THE EMBODIMENT OF HUMILITY
PAUL WROTE THIS AS AN ILLUSTRATION ON HOW WE ARE TO LIVE!
KEY INGREDIENTS TO NEVER LEAVE OUT:
- The most important is to know Jesus as your LORD and Savior!
- Having your life and heart transformed by the Savior through the power of the Holy Spirit and His Word is the most important decision you will ever make!
Humility not only fills us with joy,
it helps us to maintain true unity and oneness as God’s people which fuels our fellowship with intoxicating joy
which makes us a powerful witness for Christ
to the lost in our community, home, family and workplace!
Humility is the essential ingredient for God’s people! Dwight L. Moody