“Holiness Everyday - What Does It Mean?”
I Corinthians 2 & 3 tells us that there are 3 kinds of people – 3 kinds of hearts:
V. 2:14 – The Natural Heart – has not accepted Jesus Christ as their personal savior, for the forgiveness of their sins.
V. 3:1-2 – The Carnal Heart – has accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, but has not allowed the Holy Spirit to take control of their lives.
V. 2:15 – The Spiritual Heart – Jesus is Savior and Lord – the Holy Spirit fills and controls the motivation of the heart and life.
Why Be Filled With the Holy Spirit? It is Filling the Void …
- From sin to Sanctification
- From Carnality to cleansing
- From hostility to Holiness
Holiness is freedom from sin and personally acknowledging God’s sovereign ownership in your life;
and then, intentionally and voluntarily, submitting to His authority,so that YOU live a pure life. Rom.12:1-2
- Holiness is the Character of God -- Rev. 4:8
- Holiness is the Content of the Bible – I Peter 1:16 ; Matt. 5:48 ; Matt. 5:6, Hebrews 13:12; II Cor.7:1 ; Heb. 12:14.
- Holiness is the Centrality of our Message – Acts 2:38-39.
- Holiness is the Crisis of the Christian Experience –Acts 1:4-5,8.
- Holiness is the Cry of the Heart -- Ps. 51:10 ; Eph.3:14-19 --
What are the Conditions for being filled with the Holy Spirit?
- You must be Born Again – Rom.8:9 Acts 8:14-17, Acts 19:1-7
- You must have the right motive in asking to be filled – In Acts 8
- You must have a deep desire to be filled – Matt.5:
- You must be obedient -- Acts 5:32
- You must put the flesh to death – Rom. 8:12-13, Gal.5:19-21, Gal.2:20
- You must believe God – Faith is the answer –Gal.3:1-5
There is Freedom from sin, because the blood of Christ has cleansed you from your sin nature, which causes you to willfully sin against God.
There is also Power to live a holy life and to be a witness for Jesus Christ. As a result of your filling, you will begin to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit in your life! Gal.5:22-23.